Spicy meat, melted cheese and sweet chutney all come together to make a fantastic Pastrami toasted sandwich.
You need the following ingredients to make this Pastrami toasted sandwich,
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Half a ball of mozzarella
- 4 or 5 slices of pastrami
- 3 or 4 teaspoons of onion chutney
- Olive oil or butter for cooking
- Drain/Squeeze the mozzarella on a piece of kitchen roll to remove the excess moisture
- Lay out the slices of bread
- Layer the pastrami
- Pull apart the mozzarella and layer on top of the pastrami
- Dollop the onion chutney adding as much as you like
- Place sandwich into a hot and oiled toasted sandwich maker for 10 minutes. Remove when crispy and golden.
Layering the Pastrami
You could just layer the pastrami on the bread in any old fashion but I prefer to build it up like a lattice to get a good and even coverage of meat.
To do this just lay the pastrami out one piece at a time, one side at a time with an overlap of pastrami.
The following equipment was used to make this delicious pastrami toastie.
Pastrami toasted sandwich
- Kitchen Paper
- Toasted sandwich maker
- 2 Slices Bread
- Half Ball Mozzarella
- 4-5 Slices Pastrami
- 3-4 tsp Onion chutney
- 1 tsp Olive oil for cooking
- Squeeze out the excess moisture from the mozzarella with kitchen paper
- Lay out the bread
- Layer up the pastrami
- Pull of chunks of mozzarella and place on the sandwich
- Dollop the chutney on the sandwich
- Place the other slice on top and push down gently
- Place in a heated and oiled toasted sandwich maker for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy
If you want to get more delicious toastie recipes then take a look at our A..Z of recipes.
Or, join our mailing list and receive new recipes straight to your inbox.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you click on a link and make a purchase we may get a small commission.