As usual I opened the fridge to see a few leftovers, including some deliciously sweet and crunchy pickled red cabbage, and my mind (and then my toastie maker) instantly turned it all into this delicious toasted wrap recipe.
Table of Contents
Watch me make this toasted wrap recipe
No time to read the full recipe on how to make this toasted wrap? No problem.
Learn how to make it in under a minute by watching me make it in this YouTube Shorts Video.
While watching this video why not hit subscribe and help me to create loads more toastie recipes.
You need the following ingredients to make this Ham, Cheese, Pickled Cabbage and Sweetcorn Toasted Wrap.
- Large flour tortilla
- Red Leicester Cheese
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Jar of Pickled Red Cabbge
Here are some alternative ingredient options and swaps to make this recipe without compromising the taste.
- Swap out the Red Leicester for a medium to strong Cheddar cheese
- Leave out the sweetcorn if you don’t like it
- The flour tortilla could be swapped for bread or even a corn tortilla
If you want to take this wrap further then you could try adding the following additional ingredients.
- Fresh basil leaves would give a great flavour boast and work really well with the Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh or dried chilli would bring a lovely kick of heat to this toasted wrap and work really well with the sweet pickled cabbage
Essential ingredients for this recipe
The only essential ingredient to this recipe is the Pickled Red Cabbage as it is really is the star of the wrap providing a lovely crunch with a sweet flavour and also a burst of vibrant colour when you cut or bite into the wrap.
Directions to make this recipe
As with all Toastie Recipes, and a fundamental principle of this website, this toasted wrap recipe is very simple to make and here are the directions.
- Lay out your flour tortilla on a suitable kitchen board
- Grate a large helping of Red Leicester cheese onto the centre of your tortilla to form your cheese base
- Add your ham on top of the cheese
- Add your sweetcorn on top of the ham
- Add the Mozzarella cheese on top of the sweetcorn (to ensure a gui centre)
- Add the Pickled Red Cabbge to the outside of the ingredients in the centre in two lines
- Grate more Red Leicester cheese on to ingredients
- Fold the tortilla up bring the two ends in first and then rolling tortilla up tight (watch the video to really see how to do this)
- Add the tortilla to a hot Toasted Sandwich maker and cook for 10-15 minutes on high
Equipment and Settings required for this recipe
To make this recipe you will need your toasted sandwich maker and use the flat plates to ensure an even cook and those classic charred lines for additional flavour.
The temperature on the toasted sandwich maker should be high and I recommend using either an oil spray or butter on the plates to ensure a crispy cook. For this recipe I used a rapeseed oil spray.
For this recipe I used my trusty Tower 3-in-1 Toasted Sandwich maker but I do have to admit that it is on its last legs and I am likely to replace it this year. That being said it has been a great toastie maker and strongly recommend it if you are looking for a 3-in-1 toastie maker.
I recommend you eat this toasted wrap with Ready Salted Crisps and they provide a nice balance of salt to the cheese and sweet cabbage without being too strong a flavour as to over power the taste of the toasted wrap.
You could also add a small salad with this wrap but I would advise against any strong dressings.
Ham, Cheese, Pickled Cabbage and Sweetcorn Toasted Wrap Recipe
- 1 Toasted sandwich maker Ideally you need a toasted sandwich maker with flat plates or alternatively use a sandwich press
- Red Leicester Cheese Grated
- Pickled Red Cabbage
- Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- Large Flour Tortilla
- Lay out the flour tortilla
- Add the grated Red Leicester cheese to the tortilla
- Add the ham on top of the Red Leicester cheese
- Add the sweetcorn on top of the ham
- Add the Mozzarella cheese op top of the sweetcorn
- Spoon the Pickled Red Cabbage in two lines either side of the other ingredients (watch the video to see exactly how to do this)
- Add more cheese
- Fold the tortilla (again watch the video to see how to do this)
- Place in a heated toasted sandwich maker (heated on high) and cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy
- Serve with ready salted crisps and enjoy
Free Digital Toastie Recipe Book
If you liked this recipe and want more great recipes then join the toastie club today to be notified about all my latest recipes and videos and also receive a copy of my free digital toastie recipe book.
Disclaimer and Other Information
This recipe and its contents are all my own work and any similarity with other recipes is purely coincidental.
This recipe post includes affiliate links to Amazon UK. If you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a very small commission that goes towards keeping this website and you tube channel active.