A delicious Coronation Chicken Toastie recipe that is so tasty it is good enough to serve to the King and Queen.
Video – How to Make a Coronation Chicken Toastie
Take a look at this short video to see how to make this delicious Coronation Chicken Toastie and listen out for some great, crunchy, ASMR.
You need the following ingredients to make this coronation checking toastie.
- 2 slice of bread
- 30 grams grated cheddar
- 50 grams of Coronation Chicken
- 15 grams of poppadoms or poppadom crisps
The star of the show in this toasted sandwich has to be the coronation chicken and the is it closely followed by the poppadom crisps that provide a really satisfying crunch with each bite.
What is Coronation Chicken
Coronation chicken is a dish invented to celebrate the coronation of Elizabeth the 2nd and consists of shredded chicken, curry powder, cinnamon, mayonnaise, mango chutney and sultanas. It has a lovely, warm, sweet, mild curry flavour and goes really well with a salad or in a sandwich.
Equipment required to make a Coronation Chicken Toastie
You need the following equipment to make this toasted sandwich.
- Sharp Knife
- Kitchen blow torch
How to make a Coronation Chicken Toastie
Follow these instructions to make a delicious Coronation Chicken Toastie.
- Put two slices of bread in the toaster and cook to your preferred colour, however I recommend at least setting 3 but preferably setting 4 or 5.
- Once the toast is cooked then lay it out on a bread board and generously dollop and spread Coronation chicken on one slice.
- Top the Coronation chicken with the grated cheese.
- Use the blowtorch to melt the cheese and keep going until it is all melted and started to colour.
- Add a handful of the poppadoms or poppadom crisps on top of the melted cheese.
- Add the remaining slice of toast and push gently down for a satisfying crunch.
- Cut the toastie in half and enjoy.
What to serve with a Coronation Chicken Toastie
This is a very filling toasting so you don’t need any side dishes with it.
To drink I recommend a traditional lemonade.
Coronation Chicken Toastie Recipe Card