A simple toasted tortilla recipe and a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Regular visitors to this site, there are a few – thanks Mum, know by now that I hate food waste and one of the reasons I love toasties so much is that they are a great use of leftovers and that is exactly what this recipe does.
It turns, boring, leftover chicken into a super tasty lunch.
Now, I’ve done this recipe before as a regular toasted sandwich so won’t go into the detail too much here as this is basically the same winning combination but contained in a tasty toasted tortilla wrap.
You need the following ingredients to make this toasted tortilla wrap:
- Leftover chicken
- 30 grams of finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp of sweet chili sauce
- 1 large flour tortilla
Roast chicken is delicious, but when you are left with those cold and slightly tasteless pieces in the fridge the next day it can be difficult to be inspired to create anything. But, with a few simple ingredients you can transform that dull leftover chicken into a fun and tasty lunch.
Afterall chicken takes on flavors really well and it goes great in wraps.
This adds a lovely sharpness to the dish while providing that melty cheese fun that really helps to keep the winter cold out.
For this recipe I find it is best to finely grate the cheese so it really coats the chicken well.
Sweet Chili Sauce
This is the game changer in this recipe as it adds a lovely kick of heat and sweet (one of my new favorite sayings).
Large flour tortilla
By wrapping all these tasty ingredients in a tortilla rather than regular bread you are cutting the cooking time in half and eat it in one hand.
Follow these directions to create this delicious chicken and sweet chili toasted tortilla:
- Lay out your tortilla
- Pull your leftover chicken into small pieces and fill the centre of your tortilla leaving enough room at the edges to fold in
- Spoon the sweet chili sauce over the chicken
- Add the grated cheese on top of the chicken and sweet chili mixture
- Fold the tortilla to form a wrap
- Place in the toasted sandwich maker for 5 minutes until golden and crispy
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
Equipment used in this recipe
The following equipment was used in this recipe
Toasted Sandwich Maker
I used my trustee toasted sandwich maker with the flat platers to cook this wrap.
To grate the cheese and reduce on washing up I used my handheld grater for the cheese and grated it directly onto the chicken in the center of the wrap.
Serve this recipe with
This chicken tortilla recipe goes great with a little bit of sour cream on the side.
More toastie recipes
If you want to see more of my recipes then take a look at my A..Z of toasted sandwich recipes.
And, to make sure you are the first to know about my latest recipe then sign up for the Toastie Club. It is free to join and I will send you a maximum of one email a week.
Chicken Toasted Tortilla Wrap
- Toasted sandwich maker
- cheese grater
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 30 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 40 grams leftover chicken pulled/shredded
- Lay out the flour tortilla
- Add the chicken in the center of the tortilla
- Drizzle on the sweet chili sauce
- Sprinkle of the cheese
- Fold up the wrap and use some cheese to seal the edge