Learn how to make this delicious, and ever so slightly decadent, toasted sandwich recipe that brilliantly combines banana, peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut spread (also know by the brand name Nutella).
Cooking time: 5 minutes
The best way to learn how to make this delicious banana toastie is by watching me make it in this video.
You need the following ingredients to make this toasted sandwich.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread e.g. Nutella
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
You need the following equipment to make this recipe.
Here are the steps to make this banana, peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut spread toasted sandwich.
- Peel and chop the banana
- Toast the bread in a toaster to your preferred level e.g. 1-2 light…7-8 charcoal
- Lay out your toast and spread the peanut butter on one slice
- Add the banana pieces to the peanut butter, pushing the pieces into the peanut butter
- Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread on the other slice of toast
- Top the banana slice with the hazelnut spread slice and push down gently
- Slice the sandwich on the diagonal and enjoy
When to eat this banana toastie
Eat this toasted sandwich for breakfast or lunch. It is also ideal to have after some exercise and I enjoyed it after taking the dog for a long walk (1 hr, 4 miles) on a sunny Sunday morning.
What to have with this toastie
As this makes a great breakfast toastie then I recommend you enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea.
Join the Toastie Club
If you liked this recipe and would like more than join the toastie club today and receive a free digital toastie recipe book and get all my latest toasties delivered straight to your inbox.
Print or Pin this Recipe
Print or pin this recipe card so you can make this toastie again and again.
Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Toasted Sandwich
- 1 toaster
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Bread board
- 2 Spreading knives You could also use normal knives or a spoon
- 1 Banana Ripe is best for flavour
- 2 Slices Bread Choose your favourite bread
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter Smooth or Crunchy
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Hazelnut Spread e.g. Nutella
- Peel and chop your banana.
- Toast your bread to your desired level e.g. 2 for light, 8 for dark and charcoal.
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of the toast.
- Layer the banana on top of the peanut butter, pushing the pieces into the peanut butter so they stick.
- Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread onto the other slice of toast.
- Top the banana slice with the chocolate hazelnut spread slice, push down gently and cut on the diagonal. Enjoy with a large coffee or cup of tea.
More Toastie Recipes
Take a look at my recipe A..Z for more great toasted sandwich ideas.
This toasted sandwich recipe post includes affiliate links to Amazon UK. If you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. This commission goes towards the running of the website and development of more recipes and toastie guides. Thank you for your continued support.