This BBQ Breakfast Toastie Recipe is the perfect way to use up those BBQ leftovers and have a super tasty breakfast that is ready in the time it takes to fry an egg.
Using up BBQ leftovers
Any good BBQ will always have plenty of leftovers and what better way than to use them up than making a delicious toasted sandwich like this one.
After all it would be criminal to let all that lovely charred grilled flavor go to waste. Okay, maybe not criminal but you know what I mean.
Also,it is not only the meat that you can use up but the left rolls, wraps and bread. Sauces, dips, cheese and salads.
How to make this tasty BBQ Toastie
You need the following ingredients for this toasted sandwich recipe:
- Leftover bread e.g. rolls or wrap. (For the video I used a brioche bread roll)
- Leftover meat or similar plant based products. (For this video I used some leftover smoked pork and apple sausages)
- Slice of your favorite cheese. (For this video I used a slice of American cheese)
- Leftover sauces and relishes. (For this video I used burger mustard and onion relish.)
- 1 Fried Egg
Here’s how to make a lovely BBQ breakfast toastie
- Toast your leftover bread
- Heat a small frying pan (like this one https://amzn.to/2CiIaFK) and begin to fry the egg
- Slice up the left over meat and layout on one of the rolls
- Add the cheese
- Add the fried egg
- Add your sauces and relish. Only put a small dollop of the relish in the middle as it will spread out as you hold the sandwich
- Top with the other piece of leftover bread and enjoy with your favorite coffee.
BBQ Breakfast Toasted Sandwich
- Frying Pan
- 1 Portion of left over bread e.g. rolls, wraps, bread
- 1 Portion of leftover BBQ meat or plant based equivalents e.g. sausages, burgers, chicken
- 1 Egg Fried
- 1-2 tsps Leftover sauces e.g. mustard, salsa etc
- 1 Slice Cheese e.g American burger cheese
- Toast the leftover bread
- Slice up your leftover meat
- Fry and egg
- Build your toasted sandwich with the meat, cheese, egg, and sauces
- Enjoy with a cup of strong coffee
Add some beans
The perfect way to add a bit extra to this toastie would be to pile on some beans on top of the egg. It may be a bit messy to eat but it will taste amazing.
More Baked Bean toastie inspiration