Enjoy a fresh and tasty start to the day with this Egg based toasted sandwich recipe.
To make one sandwich you will need
- 2 Slices of thick bread
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of mayonnaise
- 1/4 of a Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp of cream cheese
The red pepper gives this toasted sandwich a nice crunch and also help s top up both your vitamin A, B6 and C levels for the day.
Here is a video guide to creating this tasty breakfast.
To create this tasty sandwich
- Dice the red pepper
- Toast the bread in a toaster
- Crack the egg into a microwaveable jug, add the mayonnaise and beat with a fork. The mayonnaise will help prevent the egg from drying out in the microwave.
- Cook the egg in the microwave for between 60 and 90 seconds. You want the egg to be firm but not dry
- Bring it all together starting with the cream cheese followed by the pepper and then finally the egg.
- Enjoy with your morning coffee, tea or juice.
The following equipment is required to make this recipe
- Microwaveable jug
- Sharp knife
Egg, cream cheese and red pepper toasted sandwich
- Pyrex jug
- 2 slices Thick sliced bread
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise This helps with the egg to keep it from drying out during cooking
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- ¼ Red bell pepper
- Toast the bread in the the toaster
- Crack the egg into the jug and add the mayonnaise
- Whisk the egg mixture with a fork and cook in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, the egg should be firm but not dry
- Build the toasted sandwich starting with the cream cheese, then the pepper and finally the egg
More toastie recipes
For more great toasted sandwich recipes check out our A..Z recipe page.
Join the toastie club
If you want the latest toasted sandwich recipes delivered straight to your inbox then join the toastie club today.
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click on the link and make a purchase we may get a small commission. This commission goes towards funding the website and further recipe development.