I’ve finally done it, and I’ll do it again.
Wondering what I have done?
Well, I’ve only gone and made a toasted sandwich on a BBQ and what’s more it was a vegetarian toasted sandwich.
So the answer is yes, you can make a toasted sandwich on the BBQ and this how to do it.
Watch how to make a toasted sandwich on the BBQ.
The ingredients for this vegetarian toasted sandwich are:
- 2 slices of bread
- 60g of Cheddar Cheese
- Vegetarian Sausages (I used the plant based kind as they have great texture and hold together well)
- Baked Beans
- 1 tsp American mustard
- Cook the baked beans on the hob
- BBQ the sausages
- When the sausages are almost done place the bread on the BBQ and add the cheese
- Cook until the cheese has melted and sausages cooked – try to put the bread over an area of BBQ where the heat isn’t too fierce or if using a gas BBQ turn the heat down. You are trying to get a slow cook on the bread and cheese.
- Take everything off the BBQ and then combine with the beans into one tasty sandwich.
- Optionally you could combine the ingredients on the BBQ and continue cooking for a minute or two to really get the cheese melted in with the beans
Make it a Vegan toastie
If you would like to make this a totally vegan toasted sandwich then swap out the cheese for a vegan supplement.
Enjoy it with a Beer
There aren’t many toasted sandwich recipes that naturally pair with a cold beer, but this is one does.
BBQ Vegetarian Sausage, Cheese and Bean Toasted Sandwich
- 2-3 tbsp Baked Beans
- 2 Slice Thick cut bread white or brown
- 2-3 Vegetarian Sausages
- 40 grams Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Burger mustard
- Cook the beans on the hob (as you like them)
- Cook the sausages on the BBQ and a a few minutes before they are done add the bread
- Add the cheese to the bread and cook in an area of the BBQ where the heat isn't too fierce
- Once the cheese has melted and the sausages cooked remove them from the BBQ, cut teh sausages in halve length ways
- Lay out one piece of cheese toast and place the sausages on the toast followed by the beans and mustard
- Top with the remaining slice of cheese toast and enjoy
For more great toasted sandwich recipes join the Toastie Club today