Learn how to make a Baked Bean and Cheese Toastie in this video
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Calories: 400 per toastie
A baked bean toastie is a great thing, but if you want more than the next obvious step is a Baked Bean and Cheese toastie and this is how to create the perfect one.
If you are a busy person who gets stuff done but still likes to enjoy tasty food then join the Toastie Club today and get a tasty new recipe every week. Plus, as a thank you for signing up I will send you a free recipe book of 30 easy and tasty toastie recipes to keep you going on your toastie journey.Join the Toastie Club
You need the following ingredients to make this tasty Baked Bean and Cheese toasted sandwich.
- 2 Slices of thick cut bread
- 3-4 tbsp of Baked Beans
- 30 grams of cheddar cheese
Type of toastie
This cheese and bean toastie recipe is best made using the closed plates to contain the beans and cheese.
Follow these steps to cook this delicious toasted sandwich.
- Place one slice of the bread into the toasted sandwich maker and press the bread down with a spoon into the well of the hot plate.
- Spoon the beans into the divot in the bread
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top
- Add the top slice of bread and close the toasted sandwich maker
- Cook for ten minutes until golden and crispy on the outside
Alternative ways to cook your baked bean and cheese toasted sandwich
If you don’t have a toasted sandwich maker yet then you can also make this recipe by putting all the ingredients together and then frying both sides of the sandwich is a generous amount of butter.
Or, you could make cheese on toasted and then sandwich together with a generous helping of baked beans in the centre.
Do you need to cook the beans first?
You may be asking yourself if you need to cook the beans before you make your baked bean and cheese toastie. The answer is no, you don;t need to but can if you want to have a thick sauce and you beans a little bit softer. However, the toasted sandwich maker will heat the beans through thoroughly while cooking.
Serve it with
This baked bean and cheese toasted sandwich can be enjoyed on its own but is also great when served with a sweet BBQ sauce or some sweet chili sauce.
Other cheese choices
While this recipe uses cheddar cheese you could just as easily use Gouda, Double Gloucester or Red Leicester for the same melty cheesy taste.
Baked Bean and Cheese Toasted Sandwich
- Toasted sandwich maker
- 2 slices thick cut bread
- 3-4 tbsp Baked beans
- 30 grams Cheddar cheese
- Place one slice of bread in the toasted sandwich maker and press the bread into the plate with a spoon to create a well for the beans
- Spoon the beans into the well
- Sprinkle over the cheese
- Place the top slice bread and close the toasted sandwich maker
- Cook for 10 minutes until golden and crispy
Be sure to check out more toasted sandwich recipes in my A..Z list of toasted sandwiches.
Find the best toasted sandwich maker
Looking for a new toastie maker, be sure to check out my buying guide before you spend any money.