This zesty, spicy toasted sandwich comes with a subtle taste of mexico thanks to the coriander and make a great lunch any day of the week. So this way you can have that Taco Tuesday or Fajita Friday hit of Tex-Mex any day of the week.
Make this chili, cheese and coriander toasted sandwich by following my simple recipe.
The ingredients you need for this chili, cheese and coriander toastie are:
- 2 teaspoons of fresh or frozen chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons of fresh of frozen coriander
- 30 grams of grated Cheddar cheese
- Diced white onion, approximately 1/4 of an onion
- Two slices of bread
Frozen chili and coriander
In the interest of time and convenience I used frozen chili and coriander to make this sandwich. They are super easy to use and you won’t suffer any loss of flavor of heat as a result.
Create this spicy toastie by following this recipe:
- Layout your bread
- Mix the cheese, onion, chili and coriander together in a bowl
- Spoon the filling mixture onto the bottom slice of bread
- Firmly press down the top slice on the sandwich
- Cook in your toasted sandwich maker for at least 10 minutes
It really is that simple to make a Tex-Mex inspired toasted sandwich.
The following equipment is used to make this toasted sandwich:
What to serve it with
You have a few options to go on the side with this toasted sandwich and these include
- Sweet chili sauce (for a bit more kick)
Chili, cheese and coriander toasted sandwich
- Toasted sandwich maker
- 2 tsp fresh or frozen chili flakes
- 2 tsp fresh or frozen coriander
- 30 grams cheddar cheese
- 1/4 diced onion
- 2 slices bread your favorite toastie bread
- Layout the bread
- Mix the cheese, onion, coriander and chili together in a bowl
- Spoon the mixture onto one slice of bread
- Press the remaining slice on top
- Cook the sandwich in a toasted sandwich maker for 10 minutes
Did you make this toasted sandwich
Did you have a go at making this chili, cheese and coriander toasted sandwich or think you will give it a go. If so then let us know below in our comments section.