A traditional and winning combination of ingredients make this ham, cheese and mushroom toastie a real winner.
The story behind the toastie
Toasted sandwiches are simple and this is one of the things that make them a great light meal or snack. The second thing that makes a toasted sandwich great is the wonderful combination of flavors you can combine and this toastie brings both of these factors together so well.
A combination of ham, cheese and mushrooms and a couple of extra things to create a traditional and tasty toasted sandwich.
To make this toasted sandwich use the following ingredients:
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 4-5 slices of ham
- A generous portion of mushrooms
- 2 slices of Gouda cheese
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Olive oil
How to make a Ham, Cheese and Mushroom Toasted Sandwich
Follow these steps to make a great toasted sandwich
- Heat the toasted sandwich maker
- Slice the mushrooms and fry in a small bit of oil until cooked
- Generously season the mushrooms as they fry
- Spread the Dijon mustard on both slices of bread
- Lay out one slice of Gouda on a slice of bread.
- Spread out the mushrooms on top of the cheese
- Lay out the ham on top of the mushrooms
- Lay out the remaining slice of Gouda on top of the ham
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top and push down gently
- Brush some olive oil on the toasted sandwich plates
- Place the sandwich in the toastie maker and cook for ten minutes.
Equipment used to make this toastie
The following equipment was used to make this toastie.
Eat and enjoy
This toastie has a wonderful earthy and salty taste cut through with the mustard and cheese. To finish it off well serve with a good dollop of tomato ketchup on the side.
Ham, Cheese and Mushroom toastie recipe card
Ham, Cheese and Mushroom Toasted Sandwich
- Toasted sandwich maker
- Small Frying Pan
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices Gouda cheese Or you can use cheddar or similar
- 5 slices ham
- 1 handful mushrooms
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Turn on the toasted sandwich maker so it can heat up
- Slice the mushrooms and fry in a little oil until cooked
- Lay out the 2 slices of bread and spread with Dijon mustard
- Lay out one of the slices of cheese on one piece of bread
- Spread the hot mushrooms on top of the cheese
- Lay out the slices of ham on top of the mushrooms
- Lay out the remaining slice of cheese on the ham
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the sandwich and gently push down
- Open the toasted sandwich maker and brush the plates with oil
- Place the sandwich in the toasted sandwich maker, close, and cook for 10 minutes