A traditional and winning combination of ingredients make this ham, cheese and mushroom toastie a real winner.
The story behind the toastie
Toasted sandwiches are simple and this is one of the things that make them a great light meal or snack. The second thing that makes a toasted sandwich great is the wonderful combination of flavors you can combine and this toastie brings both of these factors together so well.
A combination of ham, cheese and mushrooms and a couple of extra things to create a traditional and tasty toasted sandwich.
To make this toasted sandwich use the following ingredients:
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 4-5 slices of ham
- A generous portion of mushrooms
- 2 slices of Gouda cheese
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Olive oil
How to make a Ham, Cheese and Mushroom Toasted Sandwich
Follow these steps to make a great toasted sandwich
- Heat the toasted sandwich maker
- Slice the mushrooms and fry in a small bit of oil until cooked
- Generously season the mushrooms as they fry
- Spread the Dijon mustard on both slices of bread
- Lay out one slice of Gouda on a slice of bread.
- Spread out the mushrooms on top of the cheese
- Lay out the ham on top of the mushrooms
- Lay out the remaining slice of Gouda on top of the ham
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top and push down gently
- Brush some olive oil on the toasted sandwich plates
- Place the sandwich in the toastie maker and cook for ten minutes.
Equipment used to make this toastie
The following equipment was used to make this toastie.
- Salter 3-in-1 Toasted Sandwich Maker
- Le Creuset small frying pan
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
Eat and enjoy
This toastie has a wonderful earthy and salty taste cut through with the mustard and cheese. To finish it off well serve with a good dollop of tomato ketchup on the side.
Ham, Cheese and Mushroom toastie recipe card
Ham, Cheese and Mushroom Toasted Sandwich
- Toasted sandwich maker
- Small Frying Pan
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices Gouda cheese Or you can use cheddar or similar
- 5 slices ham
- 1 handful mushrooms
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Turn on the toasted sandwich maker so it can heat up
- Slice the mushrooms and fry in a little oil until cooked
- Lay out the 2 slices of bread and spread with Dijon mustard
- Lay out one of the slices of cheese on one piece of bread
- Spread the hot mushrooms on top of the cheese
- Lay out the slices of ham on top of the mushrooms
- Lay out the remaining slice of cheese on the ham
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the sandwich and gently push down
- Open the toasted sandwich maker and brush the plates with oil
- Place the sandwich in the toasted sandwich maker, close, and cook for 10 minutes