Probably the easiest Tuna Melt recipe on the Internet.
While Tuna isn’t everyone’s choice those who do like it will love this easy Tuna Melt toasted sandwich.
You only need a few ingredients for this toasted sandwich.
- Canned Tuna drained
- Sweetcorn (Optional but strongly recommended)
- Pinch of Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Cheddar Cheese
The sweetcorn is option be I strongly recommend it as it gives a nice sweet crunch to the sandwich and compliments the tuna so well. Another great choice to add to this dish would be salad onions just don’t book any important meetings afterwards.
How to make a Tuna Melt
Setup you sandwich toaster with the panini plates and turn it on to heat up.
Mix the Tuna, Sweetcorn and Mayonnaise in a bowl and add a pinch of pepper to the mix.
Spread the tuna mixture on one of the slices of bread and then top with finely grated cheese.
Place the remaining slice on top and press down.
Brush each hot plate in the sandwich toaster with the olive oil then place the sandwich inside and close the lid.
Leave for ten minutes and then enjoy.
Easy Tuna Melt
- 2 slices Bread
- 1 can Tuna (Drained)
- 1/2 small can Sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 35 grams Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Lay out the bread
- In a bowl mix the tuna, sweetcorn, mayonnaise and pepper until well mixed
- Spread the mixture on one slice of bread
- Top the mixture with the grated cheese
- Lay the remaining slice of bread on top and push down
- Spread the oil over the heated plates in the toasted sandwich maker
- Place the sandwich in sandwich maker and cook for ten minutes
What to eat with this tuna melt
On the side we would recommend some sweet chili sauce and some tasty crisps.
Do you have the right sandwich toaster?
Not sure if you have the right toasted sandwich maker for you and your family. Well, to help you decide check out our comprehensive guide.