Some days, especially ones where we are living though a pandemic, you need some comfort food. Something that is just going to warm you on the inside and lift your mood. Even something a little bit naughty and this toasted sandwich delivers on all of the above.
It may be to start your day off on a high, get a lunchtime pick me up or even a tasty treat for dinner. But, whichever it is this banana, peanut butter and syrup toasted sandwich will deliver that comfort food hit you crave.
Why? Not just because of its lovely taste but also because bananas contain tryptophan. Tryptophan is a protein that your body converts naturally into serotonin. Serotonin helps you to relax, improve your mood, and make you feel happier.
Plus, the syrup will give you an instance sugar based lift and the peanut butter a longer release of energy.
How to make this toastie
Watch this quick video to see how to make this delicious toasted sandwich.
To make this mood boosting toasted sandwich you need the following ingredients.
- 2 slices of thick bread
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of syrup (maple or golden)
The specific brands and food I used this time were
Follow this method to make this toastie.
- Toast the bread in a toaster
- Once it has popped spread on the peanut butter
- Chop and add the banana
- Drizzle over the syrup
- Add the top slice of toast and push down gently
The following equipment is helpful when making this toasted sandwich
Here are a few variations your could apply to this tasty banana toasted sandwich.
- Add chocolate spread or use it instead of peanut butter
- Add some apple
- Add marshmallows
- Make it as a closed toastie
Banana, peanut butter and syrup toasted sandwich
- Spreading knife
- Bread board
- Serrated knife to cut the sandwich
- 2 slices thick bread
- 1 tbsp peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1 banana chopped
- 1 teaspoon syrup maple or golden
- Toast the bread
- Once it has toasted spread on the peanut butter
- Add the chopped banana
- drizzle on the syrup
- Top with the other slice of bread and push down gently
Join the toastie club
If you like this recipe and want to get more then join the toastie club today.
Pin this recipe
This recipe from toastierecipes.com contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and make a purchase we may receive a small commission which helps keep this website running.