I’d been out for a lunchtime run and really needed a hit of energy and recovery to see me through the afternoon. After all, I had 3 video meetings to get through and two project proposals to write.
So, I had a think and built myself a delicious peanut butter and banana toasted wrap.
The peanut butter would give me the energy and protein hit that would last for the afternoon and the banana would provide some much needed potassium to stave off any muscle cramps from my run.
It did the trick and even if you haven’t been for a run you should give this toasted wrap a try as it is simple, sweet and delicious.
Learn this toastie in 30 seconds
The ingredients required for this peanut butter and banana toasted wrap are:
- 1 large wrap (brown or white)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
Follow this method to create this tasty toasted wrap:
- Lay out the wrap and spread on the peanut butter
- Keep the sides clear but spread some peanut butter on the top to act as seal for the wrap
- Chop the banana and layer in the center of the wrap
- Fold up the wrap
- Toast for three minutes until golden and crispy
The following equipment was used to make this peanut butter and banana toasted wrap:
The following variations can be made to this toasted wrap
- Add some honey for a really sweet kick
- Throw in some blueberries for a few more vitamins
Peanut butter and banana toasted wrap
- Toasted sandwich maker with flat plates
- 1 large wrap
- 1 banana chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- Lay out your wrap and spread on the peanut butter
- Keep it clear of the sides with the exception of a small amount near the top to help stick the wrap
- Add the chopped banana to the middle of the wrap
- Fold the wrap up
- Cook for 3 minutes in the toasted sandwich maker on the flat plates
- When it is golden and crispy remove from the toasted sandwich maker and enjoy
Give it a go
Give this peanut butter and banana toasted wrap a go the next time you are low on energy after a work out or just feeling down. When you do be sure to let us know how it was in the comments below or via the Toastie Club.
Pin this post
Add this recipe for a peanut butter and banana wrap to your favorite food boards now
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click on a link and then make a purchase we may get a small commission which goes towards the running of this website.