The Best Roast Beef Toastie
If you have leftover roast beef sitting in your fridge then you must make this delicious Roast Beef Toastie.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Calories: Approximately 400
Who doesn’t love roast beef for Sunday dinner? Not many people, but what can you do with the left over roast beef.
There are lots of options, but if you are looking for a super tasty weekday lunch then turn your leftover roast beef into this Roast Beef Toasted Sandwich.
It is ready in 10 minutes and will fill you up for the afternoon.
Ingredients for a Roast Beef Toastie
You need the following ingredients to make this roast beef toastie.
- 2 Slices of Thick Cut Bread
- 2-3 generous slices of Roast Beef
- 30 grams of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of quality caramelized onion chutney
Type of Toastie
This roast beef toastie is an open toastie made using toasted bread. This is because you cannot reheat the beef.
You need the following equipment to make this roast beef toastie.
- Chefs blowtorch
- Cheese grater
Directions to make a Roast Beef Toastie
Here is how to make a roast beef toastie.
- Place the bread into a toaster and cook on medium to high
- Cut slices of the beef
- Spread the horseradish sauce on one slice of toast
- Lay out the beef on top of the horseradish sauce
- Spread the onion chutney on top of the beef
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chutney
- Use the blow torch to melt the mozzarella cheese
- Place the remaining slice of toast on top of the mozzarella and push down gently
Watch me make this roast beef toastie.
Hints and tip for making a Roast Beef Toastie
Here are some simple tips you can consider to help with this toastie
Cut the beef thin and into smaller pieces
To avoid having to chomp through a large, but tasty, piece of beef you could consider cutting thinner slices and also cutting them up into bite size pieces.
However, ensure you cut more slices if you do this as you still want a good hit of beef in this toastie.
After all, it is the star of the show in this recipe.
Be aggressive with the blow torch
I was a bit too weary with the blow torch and didn’t use it enough to really melt my cheese.
Don’t be afraid to hold it in place on the cheese for a good 10 or so seconds to get a a really good melt.
Use a grill to melt the cheese
If you don’t have a blow torch then put the un-topped sandwich under a grill to melt the cheese.
Serve this Roast Beef Toastie with
Serve this roast beef toastie with a few crisps and a cold drink. The best choice being a cold beer.
Roast Beef Toastie
- 1 toaster
- 1 Chef Blow Torch You can use a grill if you don't have a blow torch
- 2 Slices Thick Cut Bread
- 3-4 Slices Roast Beef
- 30 Grams Mozzarella
- 2 tsp Quality onion chutney
- 1 tsp Horseradish sauce
- Toast the bread on a medium to high heat
- Slice the beef
- Spread the horseradish on one slice on toast
- Place the beef on top of the horseradish
- Spoon the onion chutney on top of the beef
- Sprinkly the mozzarella on the chutney
- Use the blow torch to melt the mozzarella
- Plase the remaining slice of toast on top of the sandwich and push down gently
- Enjoy with some crisps and a cold beer
Join the Toastie Club
If you are a busy person who gets stuff done but still likes to enjoy tasty food then join the Toastie Club today and get a tasty new recipe every week. Plus, as a thank you for signing up I will send you a free recipe book of 30 easy and tasty toastie recipes to keep you going on your toastie journey.Join the Toastie Club
More from Toastie Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe and want more then check out our A..Z of toastie recipes.
If you are looking to upgrade your toasted sandwich maker then be sure to consider a 3-in-1 toastie maker.
This roast beef toastie recipe contains affiliate links to Amazon UK. If you click on a link and make a purchase we may get a small commission. This commission goes towards the running of Toastie Recipes and the development of new tasty recipes. Thank you for your support.