One of the simplest toasties you can make and my go to choice when I am in a hurry.
The Story Behind This Toastie
We’ve got the kids to swimming, run some chores in town and have about thirty minutes until Karate starts…but we’re hungry.
In these situations the choice is obvious and two slices of white go into the toaster and I grab the cheese from the fridge to create one of my favorite toasties.
It may be simple and true it doesn’t have the melty factor. But it does have taste and fills you up a treat.
Cheese, Mayo and Ketchup Toastie
- Sharp knife
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 3 slices of your favorite cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Toast the bread to your preference
- While the bread is toasting cut 3-4 slices of your favorite cheese
- Lay the cheese over one slice of bread
- Top the cheese with the mayonnaise and ketchup
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top and squeeze it down
- slice into two triangles and enjoy
On the side
This is a simple toastie, so we recommend keeping it simple with the side dishes as well and sticking to a packet of crisps 🙂
If you want a bit more from your super quick toastie then simply add a slice or two of ham, salami, or quorn.